Monday, November 15, 2010

Setting the Stage

I was sitting here this morning, having just finished channeling the Angel Wisdom for the day when I realized it had started raining outside. I love the sound of rain, I love rain. I lived in the pacific rain forest for 27 years. It always amazed me to hear people who live in rainy places don't like rain... what were you thinking living here lol... anyway, I love rain, I love the sound of rain against the windows, softly beating down a beautiful melody on my roof, it is very soothing and relaxing. I can hear the fireplace crackling from the living room, and am surrounded by the soft glow of candlelight and salt lamps.
The only interference in this beautiful energy is the odd bark from Bella as she tells on Pepé for something naughty he has just done. I should get an updated picture of Pepé Big Paws Flying Squirrel Cat for everyone lol...that is his full name. Should give you the bigger picture of life with Pepé. Anyway, I digress. The point of this share is to remind us of the importance of "setting the stage" in our environments. I love to set the energy in my home in the mornings for the day. One of my nephews lived with me for a few years and he said he slept better at my house than anywhere he has ever been. He would awaken briefly to the sounds of my meditation music, smells of incense or oils and soft glow of lights from candles and lamps and crystals and then said he drifted off into the most amazing feelings and dreams. When I am unable to do my morning ritual, my day does not usually flow as smoothly or with its usual energy. The more I do to create sacred space each morning, the more amazing each day is, even with a little rain now and then.

Love and blessings, Sharon xoxox

PS, the fireplace is really a video, however it does create the energy and illusion of a real fire place. 

2 comments:

Elena said...

Great post...invoking visual images with your words. Interesting about setting the stage; since I have been thinking for the past few days about setting an altar. Especially after reading your Angel Wisdom regarding clearing out unfinished tasks. Cool.

Sharon said...

I have a few alters around my house... one main one and then little ones... it is a wonderful way to create sacred space in your home
and a great tool...xoxox